[Login] or [Signup]
Login
Username:
Password:
[Signup]
[Recover Account]


Poll


You must be logged in to view polls



Bowie General > David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings

You are in:  Forums / Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings
Locked
professormouseDonatedPosted at 2023-01-16 16:25:09(2 wks ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 17.39 GB
Downloaded: 92.57 GB
Posts: 131

Ratio: 0.19
Location: United Kingdom


the reason all the colours are at 11 is to even up the look
that's rewriting history
or changing the palette as he'd say
Lou Reed's Vicious popped up at just-the-right-moment of an episode of The Blacklist.
I thought it was an overblown mess.
BUT
A messy cake still tastes the same

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
willb3dPosted at 2023-01-16 23:56:26(2 wks ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 278.49 GB
Downloaded: 243.51 GB
Posts: 106

Ratio: 1.14
Location: United States of America


The Digital Bits says Criterion is going to release another edition of Moonage Daydream, so if you haven’t already bought the current edition - don’t.

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
professormouseDonatedPosted at 2023-01-17 12:12:34(2 wks ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 17.39 GB
Downloaded: 92.57 GB
Posts: 131

Ratio: 0.19
Location: United Kingdom


a remix ?   :-@

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
bowie78Posted at 2023-01-17 12:36:55(2 wks ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 10.00 GB
Downloaded: 0.00 B
Posts: 100

Ratio: Inf.
Location: England


2 duff versions!.....my my smile at least....

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
neilwilkesPosted at 2023-01-25 09:46:41(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 760.28 GB
Downloaded: 586.86 GB
Posts: 596

Ratio: 1.30
Location: United Kingdom


willb3d wrote:

The Digital Bits says Criterion is going to release another edition of Moonage Daydream, so if you haven’t already bought the current edition - don’t.

Can you please post a link?
Dare we hope the stupid Sound Effects are going to be removed, complete songs used instead of annoying snippets & a decent colour grade?
I suspect not, but we can hope - right?

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
stuartreedDonatedPosted at 2023-01-25 12:40:54(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 604.35 GB
Downloaded: 306.61 GB
Posts: 103

Ratio: 1.97
Location: United Kingdom


found this link Neil - there's very little on it though

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/011623-1315

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
professormouseDonatedPosted at 2023-01-25 17:26:20(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 17.39 GB
Downloaded: 92.57 GB
Posts: 131

Ratio: 0.19
Location: United Kingdom


the 4K Ultra HD from Criterion may or may not have 'extra features'

is all I can see

?

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
neilwilkesPosted at 2023-01-27 12:09:14(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 760.28 GB
Downloaded: 586.86 GB
Posts: 596

Ratio: 1.30
Location: United Kingdom


It says nothing at all about anything except that

Quote:

Brett Morgen’s terrific David Bowie documentary Moonage Daydream (2022), Laura Poitras’ All the Beauty and the Bloodshed (2022), and Céline Sciamma’s Petite Maman (2021)—are all going to be coming from the Criterion Collection, presumably to Blu-ray and/or 4K Ultra HD. [Read on here...]

And the 'read more here' tag only reloads the same page.
So again 'underwhelmed' is one word - and I would utterly dispute the 'terrific' quote unless we are using the original meaning which used to be 'Causing terror or great fear; terrifying.'

If you want to look for poisonous snakes, look for words that have changed their meaning

Last edited by neilwilkes on 2023-01-27 12:10:10


Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
nogginPosted at 2023-01-27 12:32:33(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: ---
Downloaded: ---
Posts: 51

Ratio: ---
Location: unknown


Surely it'll just be the movie & directors commentary, but in 4K.

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
Stranger09Posted at 2023-01-27 12:47:44(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 104.85 GB
Downloaded: 129.29 GB
Posts: 97

Ratio: 0.81
Location: United Kingdom


neilwilkes wrote:

It says nothing at all about anything except that

Quote:

Brett Morgen’s terrific David Bowie documentary Moonage Daydream (2022), Laura Poitras’ All the Beauty and the Bloodshed (2022), and Céline Sciamma’s Petite Maman (2021)—are all going to be coming from the Criterion Collection, presumably to Blu-ray and/or 4K Ultra HD. [Read on here...]

And the 'read more here' tag only reloads the same page.So again 'underwhelmed' is one word - and I would utterly dispute the 'terrific' quote unless we are using the original meaning which used to be 'Causing terror or great fear; terrifying.'If you want to look for poisonous snakes, look for words that have changed their meaning

To be fair, Neil, in your quote there, it does say "read on here".

So it is inviting you to read exactly the same thing, on another location.

Which is an, erm, experience, a different way to do that?

Give them credit :)

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
bowie78Posted at 2023-01-27 13:59:49(1 wk ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 10.00 GB
Downloaded: 0.00 B
Posts: 100

Ratio: Inf.
Location: England


when they say terrific...have they mis spelt terrible....

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
professormouseDonatedPosted at 2023-01-27 19:54:03(6 days ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 17.39 GB
Downloaded: 92.57 GB
Posts: 131

Ratio: 0.19
Location: United Kingdom


it's a set of Bowie Crayons

[available soon]

to poke you in the eyes

and wipe away your years

oops

tears




:-@

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
neilwilkesPosted at 2023-01-28 09:42:11(6 days ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 760.28 GB
Downloaded: 586.86 GB
Posts: 596

Ratio: 1.30
Location: United Kingdom


Stranger09 wrote:

neilwilkes wrote:

It says nothing at all about anything except that

Quote:

Brett Morgen’s terrific David Bowie documentary Moonage Daydream (2022), Laura Poitras’ All the Beauty and the Bloodshed (2022), and Céline Sciamma’s Petite Maman (2021)—are all going to be coming from the Criterion Collection, presumably to Blu-ray and/or 4K Ultra HD. [Read on here...]

And the 'read more here' tag only reloads the same page.So again 'underwhelmed' is one word - and I would utterly dispute the 'terrific' quote unless we are using the original meaning which used to be 'Causing terror or great fear; terrifying.'If you want to look for poisonous snakes, look for words that have changed their meaning

To be fair, Neil, in your quote there, it does say "read on here".So it is inviting you to read exactly the same thing, on another location.Which is an, erm, experience, a different way to do that? Give them credit :)

Give them credit for what, exactly please?
Clicking on that hyperlink merely reloads the exact same page I was on before. Same URL.

@professormouse
:D  :D  :D

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
willb3dPosted at 2023-01-28 14:17:59(5 days ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 278.49 GB
Downloaded: 243.51 GB
Posts: 106

Ratio: 1.14
Location: United States of America


Ithe read-on link is  because when the article is on the front page of the website, it shows up to that point and then the read-on link would take you to the full article.

When you are already on the full article it doesn’t do anything.

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
professormouseDonatedPosted at 2023-01-29 00:04:00(5 days ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 17.39 GB
Downloaded: 92.57 GB
Posts: 131

Ratio: 0.19
Location: United Kingdom


it is like that folder of Bowie picture discs

lovely to look at but kinda empty and just gimmicky for no r e a l reason

or

it's a unique experience yada yada = buy here

i won't be

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
bowie78Posted at 2023-01-29 08:52:06(5 days ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 10.00 GB
Downloaded: 0.00 B
Posts: 100

Ratio: Inf.
Location: England


a bit like [just a Gigolo]yes that film..however many times you edit it..its still crap.

Last edited by bowie78 on 2023-01-29 08:54:20


Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 
neilwilkesPosted at 2023-02-01 12:36:06(2 days ago) (Bowie General / David Bowie MOONAGE DAYDREAM ........... Feelings)


Uploaded: 760.28 GB
Downloaded: 586.86 GB
Posts: 596

Ratio: 1.30
Location: United Kingdom


willb3d wrote:

Ithe read-on link is  because when the article is on the front page of the website, it shows up to that point and then the read-on link would take you to the full article.When you are already on the full article it doesn’t do anything.

That would explain it then. Thanks for the confirmation I am not going a little bit bonkers!!

Report This Post Go to the top of the page
 

<< Prev  1 2 3 4 5   Next >>

Locked
You are not permitted to post in this forum.




Powered by TorrentTrader v2-svn -| Modified by JanErik |- Page Generated In 0.059197 secs.
www.torrenttrader.org -|- -|- RSS Feed -|- Feed Info
Theme Base By: Nikkbu | Modified by: paperdragon | Graphics by: MossGarden
Email: bowiestation(AT)bowiestation.com